Saturday 10 March 2012

Busy, Busy Busy ~~~~~






What a few weeks of ups and downs - I have had to escape (if that's the right phrase) into my tiny craft room to get away from heartache and aches and pains - friends developing cancer and having chemo and all sorts of awful things happening in my life at the moment, so its been a few weeks where I have poured my heart into my crafting, just to get away from the real world for a while - does that sound really awful of me? plus I have had an abcess under a tooth which gave me a jawline like Rocky Marciano's duh .......getting over my part of it now, its just the cancer thing that is so awful because the lady concerned is such a gentle, hardworking soul who never did a bad turn to anyone in her life - so cruel and wicked for it to happen to her ......
Anyway, on a lighter note, some of my cards have been sent out for birthdays, or sent off to our troops overseas, but here is a random selection of ones I have left, the cream card with gold embossing on it (a new Inkadinkadoo stamp) is for a 90th birthday, hope you like them. I also had a serious parcel of goodies from a lovely, lovely lady in USA so some of my cards are using her stamps - where would I be without Carol (follow her blog on the left) Sue (follow her blog on the left too) and my lovely, so kind friends and acquaintances who help by donating goodies for me to use in my charity work, thank you all so much mwahhhh !!!! Now the cards dah dahhh......
The two Wisteria cards are a Spellbinders die - it also cuts out the two individual flowers - I am in love !!! I used a purple and green flower paper to Papermania paper to cut this die from ..... and sprayed one card with Tattered Angels glimmer mists ....
the Happy Birthday daisy card is cut with a Martha Stewart punch ....
the Butterfly is die cut from the card, and colour chalked on - its a Cuttlebug die ..
the top image is the inside of the card ....with mygorgeous fav. Inkadinkadoo stamp again :-)
Guess what - my butterfly stamp again - embossed this time with sparkly gold EP
- this is for my cousin's 90th birthday - I shall just add a small word stamp, something like Have a Special Day, underneath the butterfly, because she doesn't want a 90 anywhere on any card she receives teehee.......
sorry my cards are posted in reverse order, hope you enjoy xx

3 comments:

LynnF said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Ed! Love the bottom one, wisteria is it? The orchid and green, scrumptious colors! Now, so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer. What's her name, I'd like to include her in my prayers. I lost a dear friend to cancer, like yours, a wonderful person who didn't deserve it, but God has His plans for us. Sorry about your tooth. I need to get plates, major suckimoto. Putting it off because I loathe the dentist! Bad me! Anyway, love to you...bless your sweet heart!

Sandie R said...

Ed you have done a smashing job on all the cards but the butterfly ones I think are my favs.
I can feel for what you are going through having lost family members to cancer. It seems to take the good people far to soon. Hope your tooth has stopped paining you. I've had an abcess before and they are major pain. Take care

Judy said...

Saw your name on Lynn's comments & I remember you from my card making days so thought I'd pay you a visit! I see you are still making the most exquisite cards, pleased your hubby & your beloved dog are on the mend.